Mothering Forum banner

SmartyPants Adult Gummy Multivitamins Plus Omega 3's Plus Vitamin D (90 Day Supply), 3 Count (Pack of 3)

313 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Administrator 
#1 ·
Gummies for Mama, Too? Joy!

review by amberskyfire

Before I go into a review, could I first just share my joy at having discovered that they now make gummy vitamins for adults? Now if we could just figure out world peace, everything would be perfect.

Seriously, though, I have always had problems swallowing pills. My gag reflex is so strong that no matter how I try to force something down, it comes back up. I've tried every trick in the book and switching to more natural vitamins just made things worse since they tend to be even larger than the store brands and I have to take more of them to fill the serving requirements.

Smartypants adult gummy vitamins are delicious. They taste exactly like Annie's gummy bunny fruit snacks only they come with a delightful sugary coating. I could complain that the serving size is six pieces because it means I go through a bottle of vitamins much faster than usual, but it's hard to complain when I realize I get to eat six of these tasty little buggers. Really! I save them for when I have a little sugar craving and then savor my six vitamins like they are candy.

My only real complaint is that they contain Vitamin A in the form of retinyl palmitate and I would much rather they used beta carotene. I like the variety of vitamins and nutrients included and I also like that you can spread your intake out throughout the day if you want to unlike once-a-day vitamins.

They contain natural colors and flavors and are citrus-flavored. They are not too chewy and won't get stuck in dental fillings or dentures. They are super soft and sweetened with organic sweeteners. I also like that they contain Omega-3, DHA, EPA and vitamin D as my other vitamins did not. It's a nice little bonus for my husband, especially since he does not eat fish and doesn't get outside much. Not to mention the fact that they are made in the USA and have no high-fructose corn syrup.

Some bonuses stated on their website include:

• Combines a potent quality adult multivitamin with omega-3s and vitamin D in a flavorful gummy
  • Natural bio-available forms of key nutrients like vitamins D3 and B-12
  • Contains toxin-free fish oil sourced from sustainable small fish populations
  • Produced in a certified allergen-free facility
  • Made in California according to GMP safety standards
  • SmartyPants makes a matching 1-for-1 nutrient grant to a child in need for every bottle sold

ProsCons
tasty, natural ingredients, donates to charitycontains retinyl palmitate, higher-priced, non-vegan

Ratings
Overall4
Value4
Performance5

See less See more
#2 ·
SmartyPants Adult Gummy Multivitamins Plus Omega 3's Plus Vitamin D (90 Day Supply), 3 Count (Pack of 3)

Description:
SmartyPants use the best ingredients, are GMP certified and FDA compliant, and are tested for purity by an independent lab. Each serving contains only 7.5 grams of organic cane sugar per serving. Made with natural colors and flavors. They are also gluten and casein free. We never use any fake or artificial flavors, sweeteners, or dyes. Our omega 3 DHA send EPA fish oil comes from sustainable small fish sources. No tuna or salmon oil that run the risk of mercury or PCB contamination. Smartypants 3-in-1 gummy vitamins with omega 3 fish oil and vitamin D contains a full multivitamin over 100% of the RDI for vitamin D, DHA and EPA omega 3's and a taste that make sure you never forget to take your vitamins.

Details:
DetailValue
BindingHealth and Beauty
EAN0851356004057
FeatureNatural ingredients
Excellent source of vitamin D plus B vitamins
Made in California with love
LabelSmartyPants Inc
ManufacturerSmartyPants Inc
PublisherSmartyPants Inc
StudioSmartyPants Inc
TitleSmartyPants Adult Gummy Multivitamins Plus Omega 3's Plus Vitamin D (90 Day Supply), 3 Count (Pack of 3)
UPC851356004057
BrandSmartyPants Gummy Vitamins
ColorAdult
Size3 Count (Pack of 3)
ProductGroupHealth and Beauty
ProductTypeNameHEALTH_PERSONAL_CARE
UPCList - UPCListElement851356004057
Package Height7.3 inches
Package Length7.7 inches
Package Weight3.85 pounds
Package Width7.4 inches

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.