Viewing Product: Egghead (The Aldo Zelnick Comic Novel Series) - Mothering Forums

Egghead (The Aldo Zelnick Comic Novel Series)
Rating Distribution 1 Review(s)
    --
      --
        --
          --
            100%
              1 Review(s)
              Reviews
                10-21-2012, 04:31 PM by mama_y_sol

I was initially drawn to this book because of the bilingualism.  We are trying to raise our two kids bilingual and I tend to gravitate toward anything that has both English and Spanish.  This book is written in a half text, half illustration format that my 8 year old daughter enjoys.  It's easy for her to read, it's lighthearted and cute.  She's spend the most time reading it in bed before lights go out.  She thinks it's cute and funny.  I appreciate that it has a "word gallery" in the...

Related Conversations
                There are no related topics.
                Members
                No members have owned this product.
                No members want this product.
                Details
                Egghead (The Aldo Zelnick Comic Novel Series)

Description: Ten-year-old Aldo isn't athletic like his older brother and he's not a rock hound like his best friend, but when his grandmother gives him a sketchbook to record all his "artsy-fartsy ideas," he discovers that he's a pretty good cartoonist. In this new installment of Aldo's adventures, Aldo finds himself thinking he's Einstein. Gloating over his exemplary first-quarter grades and test scores, he even decides to dress as the iconic scientist for Halloween. His bubble is burst, though, when he realizes that he's not excelling in one class, Español, and that the consequences may be more hurtful than a bad grade on a report card. Is Aldo's friendship with his bilingual best friend, Jack, at stake? As always, this addition to the A-to-Z alphabet series features a vocabulary-building glossary of fun and challenging words starting with the letter E, such as erudite, eureka, epiphany, and éclair.

Details:

Detail Value
                Author Karla Oceanak
                Binding Hardcover
                EAN 9781934649176
                ISBN 1934649171
                Label Bailiwick Press
                Manufacturer Bailiwick Press
                Publisher Bailiwick Press
                Studio Bailiwick Press
                Title Egghead (The Aldo Zelnick Comic Novel Series)
                SKU 549781934649176
                ProductGroup Book
                ProductTypeName ABIS_BOOK
                Item Height 9.09 inches
                Item Weight 1.21 pounds
                Item Width 0.71 inches
                Package Height 0.6 inches
                Package Length 9.1 inches
                Package Weight 0.9 pounds
                Package Width 6.2 inches
                Item Length 6.18 inches