Mothering Forum banner

Seventh Generation Free & Clear Newborn Diapers

329 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Administrator 
#1 ·
good for the first week

review by rachel88

We got these to deal with the meconium which our midwife said can sometimes stain cloth diapers beyond all help. I was happy they came in this size, smaller than a size 1. I also really liked the cut-out for the umbilical cord. You might need to order them ahead of time online to get this size. I only found one store in Portland Oregon that stocked them.

ProsCons
Sized right for newborns, cut-out for umbilical cordexpensive, hard to find in stores

Ratings
Value0
Performance0
Overall4

#2 ·
luxury newborn diapers

review by fayebond

I love natural diapers. I use all cloth on my older babies with occaisional natural disposables. But newborns... need 12 diapers a day, more at night. And unless you have a premie, or your baby is under 8lbs for a long time, you don't need diapers in newborn size for very long. We used ours for 2 weeks. It seemed like a bit much to spend $4 a day to diaper our baby, even for only 2 weeks. We tried one package of these from a local store, that was it. We just couldn't justify it.

PRO

* ideal for sensative skin

* if you want the best for baby's bum this is it, but its a luxury she's unlikely to remember or greatly benefit from given the short timeframe.

* natural disposable alternative

* chlorine free

* cute natural brown color

CON

* at 32 cents or more per diaper depending on where you buy it, these are about three times the price of other newborn diapers like pampers (13 cents each from amazon).

My babies spent almost as much time being changed as they did in the diapers, so for us, this was not worth it.

ProsCons
good for sensative skin, fit well, are all natural3x the price of newborn diapers elsewhere

Ratings
Value0
Performance0
Overall4

#3 ·
Nice for Newborn Sizing

review by pupsnkids

We bought these for our little one until he could fit into his cloth diapers. He was 6lbs, 12oz and they fit great. We came home from the hospital with pampers and huggies and hated both. The Huggies leaked and fit horribly. The Pampers gave him a terrible rash and irritated his skin. The Seventh Generation were exactly what we needed. We did have a hard time telling when they were wet until they were soaked. When soaked they are hard and swollen. I wish they had some sort of indicator when wet so our little one wasnt sitting in urine for long. Overall they were a pretty good product and I will use them again.

ProsCons
Fit great, less leaks, no chemicalsdisposable, hard to tell when wet

Ratings
Value0
Performance0
Overall4

#4 ·
Seventh Generation Free & Clear Newborn Diapers

Description:
Seventh Generation Free & Clear Newborn Diapers Case 144ct.

Details:
DetailValue
BindingBaby Product
Label7th Generation
Manufacturer7th Generation
Publisher7th Generation
Studio7th Generation
TitleSeventh Generation Free & Clear Newborn Diapers - Case of 4 Packs - 144 ct.
BrandSeventh Generation
MPN44021_2
Model44021_2
Sizenewborn
PartNumber44021_2
ProductGroupBaby Product
ProductTypeNameBABY_PRODUCT
Item Height10 inches
Item Weight5.6 pounds
Item Width10 inches
Item Length24 inches

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.