Viewing Product: Desitin Diaper Rash Maximum Strength Original Paste 4 oz (113 g) - Mothering Forums

Desitin Diaper Rash Maximum Strength Original Paste 4 oz (113 g)
Rating Distribution 7 Review(s)
    --
      14%
        29%
          14%
            --
              7 Review(s)
              Reviews
                03-24-2013, 05:55 PM by cbwilke

So this is the stuff my mom plastered on my backside in the 1970s. The smell reminds me of childhood.

Prior to the current cloth diapering craze, I cloth diapered my kids old school with cheap prefolds and pins. This was my go to for rashes, and always worked like a charm. My last baby was cloth diapered with "modern" cloth diapers, so we rarely used this, but always kept a tube on hand just in case. It healed up some nasty rashes! I especially recommend this for disposable diapering ...

03-26-2013, 08:03 PM by kbvr

Great cream for use on bad rashes, but do not use with cloth diapers. I tried, and couldnt wash it out (even after boiling) it caused them to repel. I also tried using with a liner inside the cloth diaper - it still got through onto the diaper.

When my daughter had a really bad rash I did end up using this, but with disposables.

03-26-2013, 09:35 PM by LunaLady

My son had to be in the NICU for almost a month (he was premature) and they slathered this stuff on his poor bum at every diaper change. They sent us home with a brand new tube and you better believe I tossed it!

This stuff is just not so great. The ingredients are questionable at best. There are a TON of natural diaper ointments out there that have the same amount of zinc in them (the active ingredient) without all the run of the mill cosmetics chemicals and preservatives....

03-27-2013, 06:36 PM by rgncls

This cream doesn't help my little guys diaper rash clear up at all. I feel it actually got worse when I started using this product. I also thought it was very hard to get off his skin. I won't be using this again.

03-30-2013, 02:25 PM by Nikkiboo3145

I wish I paid more attention to what was in desitin 9 years ago, I would never use this now. Really diddn't help outwell enough any ways seemed like it would take days to get rid of the rash when I did use it.

<<-Show More->>
                        Related Conversations
                        There are no related topics.
                        Members
                        No members have owned this product.
                        No members own this product.
                        No members want this product.
                        Details
                        Desitin Diaper Rash Maximum Strength Original Paste 4 oz (113 g)

Description: The rich, thick formula of Desitin Maximum Strength Paste contains the maximum level of zinc oxide to immediately form a protective barrier to promote healing and sooth rash discomfort. This hypoallergenic, pediatrician-tested formula provides overnight relief for baby's tender skin, making Desitin Maximum Strength Paste your trusted partner for treating diaper rash. Useshelps treat and prevent diaper rashprotects chafed skin due to diaper rash and helps seal out wetness

Details:

Detail Value
                        Binding Health and Beauty
                        EAN 0074300000718
                        Feature The rich, thick formula of Desitin Maximum Strength Paste contains the maximum level of zinc oxide to immediately form a protective barrier to promote healing and sooth rash discomfort
                        Desitin
                        Label Desitin
                        Manufacturer Desitin
                        Publisher Desitin
                        Studio Desitin
                        Title Desitin Diaper Rash Maximum Strength Original Paste 4 oz (113 g)
                        UPC 074300000718
                        Brand Desitin
                        MPN 048967
                        Model J&J048967
                        Size 4
                        SKU 1K048967-M2
                        PartNumber 048967
                        ProductGroup Health and Beauty
                        ProductTypeName HEALTH_PERSONAL_CARE
                        UPCList - UPCListElement 074300000718
                        Item Height 7 inches
                        Item Weight 0.3 pounds