Viewing Review: Works well, but only with the IQ valve - Mothering Forums

Works well, but only with the IQ valve Edit
by P.J. Combined Rating: 4.0

I get a lot more milk using this pump than either of the electric pumps (both Medela) I tried. I'm not sure if it's their special 'let down cushion' on the cup, or just that I can get more using...
Pros Cons
  • special massage padding helps get more milk
  • star-shaped flat valve gets sucked through every time, lots of parts to assemble

I get a lot more milk using this pump than either of the electric pumps (both Medela) I tried. I'm not sure if it's their special 'let down cushion' on the cup, or just that I can get more using a hand pump. So I love that about it. However, if you use this pump make sure it comes with the 'IQ valve', which looks like a plug, and NOT the flat, disc-shaped valve with an asterisk on it. That one gets sucked through each and every time, multiple times. It falls into the milk and has to be fished out with a finger after disassembling the whole pump. I called Philips customer service and they sent me the IQ valve, so make sure you get this one, otherwise this pump is really annoying to use. It also has many parts to assemble, but once I got used to that I find it easy.

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: