Viewing Review: Wish I'd bought it sooner! - Mothering Forums
Wish I'd bought it sooner! Edit
by spontamyous Combined Rating: 4.0

My period returned when my EBF son was just 3 months old. Tampons felt horrible (not to mention filled up in record time) and cloth pads weren't working for me, so I invested in the Diva Cup...
Pros Cons
  • Reusable, reliable, more comfortable (esp at capacity) than a tampon/pad
  • Impossible to change while holding baby ;), takes some getting used to

My period returned when my EBF son was just 3 months old. Tampons felt horrible (not to mention filled up in record time) and cloth pads weren't working for me, so I invested in the Diva Cup after hearing a glowing review from my best friend. Confession: I was terrified of the thing! It looked h-u-g-e. But once I worked up a little courage and my boy went down for his nap, I was able to insert it very easily and painlessly. 

The Diva Cup has gotten me through three leak-free cycles now, and I still feel as though I'm mastering the removal process, but I'd rather fumble a bit twice a day than have to constantly worry about leaking tampons/pads. The only personal downside is that I do need to be relaxed during insertion/removal, which can be a challenge with my son crying whenever I set him down for a moment, but that (hopefully!) won't be an issue for much longer. 

Overall, I'm so happy with this product and how it works for me. Don't be afraid to give it a shot!

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: