Viewing Review: A classic - Mothering Forums

A classic Edit
by HeatherB Combined Rating: 4.4
BabyHawks are a classic in the babywearing world, and for good reason. They are highly stylish, practical, and fit a wide range of body sizes. I got mine custom made and loved the ability to add a...
Pros Cons
  • Stylish, wide variety of ages
BabyHawks are a classic in the babywearing world, and for good reason. They are highly stylish, practical, and fit a wide range of body sizes. I got mine custom made and loved the ability to add a second panel to make it reversible for only a little more than the normal price - almost like two carriers in one!

The BabyHawk is a mei tai, with angled top straps and straight waist straps. The regular sized straps fit a wide range of sizes and longer straps are also available. The mei tai design is great for all ages - from newborn (when you can tie the straps behind baby's back for security) to toddler (when the weight distribution is especially nice).

The only problem I have with the BabyHawk is that the straps are a moderate width which isn't always attractive on a plus-sized frame. They're pretty comfortable, just not exactly a fashion statement for those with more fluff!
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
cynthia mosher 03-05-2011, 03:51 AM

Okay then! Maybe a mei tai is what I should get her then! She's never worn a baby before so I want to get her something really nice and comfortable that she'll like the look of too. Thanks for the info!

HeatherB 03-04-2011, 11:10 PM

They're about 3" wide, so not overbearing for a small frame at all. I'd say most (if not all) of the models on the BabyHawk site are small-framed, and they look like they work quite well. Mei tais are great because they really are so versatile for various sized wearers and babies!

cynthia mosher 03-04-2011, 10:18 PM

Heather, you mentioned the straps being moderate. Do you think this carrier would work for well for someone with a small frame? I want to get one for my cousin but she's rather petite.

Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: