Viewing Review: Moby Mama - Mothering Forums

Moby Mama Edit
by dlutt10 Combined Rating: 4.6

When I was pregnant, I read reviews on what type of carriers to purchase-I decided on a wrap because they were taught to the body and had so many options for wear. After searching for something...
Pros Cons
  • kangaroo hold, nursing abilities, face in or out, secure, good for daddy too
  • too hot for warmer months, not the quickest to put on

When I was pregnant, I read reviews on what type of carriers to purchase-I decided on a wrap because they were taught to the body and had so many options for wear. After searching for something affordable, I came across the Moby and decided to trust the reviews and awards it had and purchased it. It took me several times to get it wrapped well at first but I eventually got several different ways of wrapping down well and still use them 9mths later. When my son was a newborn, the Moby is what got us through the first few months-I was able to get around, do chores, take walks and keep him calm. If he was particularly fussy I'd just wrap him up and it'd be over. I found however, that in the heat of the summer this was no way to get around outside and now that he weighs much more it's become a lot harder for me to wear for any prolonged amount of time(most noticably because I am still nursing and his weight pressed against my chest does cause some discomfort). I also have to have a nice 5 foot radius to get myself wrapped which is hard to do in public. Despite all that, I still love this wrap and find it beyond it's worth in money!! So many options and such a great baby-wearing accessory!!! I am also a doula and have found the length and durability of the Moby a great prop when assisting mother's in labor so if you are planning to purchase this try getting it before the baby comes and have your birth partner use it like a birthing scarf!

RohanBirth-Jan11 582.jpg

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
cynthia mosher 03-03-2011, 02:00 PM

Such a sweet picture!

Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: