Viewing Review: Best vegan-friendly nipple salve! - Mothering Forums
Best vegan-friendly nipple salve! Edit
by Jelinifer Combined Rating: 4.3

I bought this product prior to my son being born and have been very happy with it. This nipple salve was the only vegan-friendly nipple salve I could find... it's lanolin-free and would be great...
Pros Cons
  • Vegan-certified, clinically tested, zero toxins!
  • Pricey product

I bought this product prior to my son being born and have been very happy with it. This nipple salve was the only vegan-friendly nipple salve I could find... it's lanolin-free and would be great for any moms and babes with sensitivities to this ingredient. It worked great during the first week or so of nursing my first born when my breasts were getting accustomed to being used practically! A pea-sized dab rubbed into each nipple after every feeding kept my nipples soothed and soft during this transition time. Like all of the other Earth Mama Angel Baby products, this salve is rated zero on the EWG "Skin Deep Database" which is so important when being applied to the parts of my body that my son's mouth also touches! Due to it's zero toxin rating and purity level, you don't need to worry about wiping it off prior to breastfeeding, which I found very helpful during the first few weeks of trying to get the hang of nursing. It is pricey, but a tiny jar goes a long way too.

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
QueenOfTheMeadow 03-05-2011, 02:03 PM

I was allergic to lanolin, but didn't know it when I had my first baby. I started getting hives on and around my nipples with I uses lansinoh!! This nipple cream was a live saver to me, because I was so cracked and sore and everything else just irritated my skin!

Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: