Viewing Review: Comfy carrier - Mothering Forums

Comfy carrier Edit
by triskelion Combined Rating: 4.2

I got this as a shower gift from a group of friends because it seemed to be a very popular choice. It's comfortable for the most part and very secure. I also have the infant insert and have used...
Pros Cons
  • durable, comfortable
  • awkward at times

I got this as a shower gift from a group of friends because it seemed to be a very popular choice. It's comfortable for the most part and very secure. I also have the infant insert and have used it with my 8 week old starting about about 3 or 4 weeks. Even with the insert, there's not the greatest amount of neck support for wee ones but that is becoming less of an issue as her neck strength gets better. It's hard to sit with it on (at least with the insert in) which was a bit of a disappointment because I got it thinking I could use it on public transportation. I am pretty happy with it so far and eager to see how it works with the infant once she's big enough.

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
cynthia mosher 03-04-2011, 10:05 PM

She'll probably wear her babe a lot throughout the day as she'll be taking him to school with her (she's a teacher). So I'm trying to find something really suitable for that sort of use. Thanks for your reply!

triskelion 03-04-2011, 09:16 PM

I used it pretty early-maybe 2 or 3 weeks? I attempted a stretchy wrap too but found the wrapping difficult for me so I've mainly used the ergo since maybe 5 weeks. It's bulky for such a small baby and a little awkward to just wear around the house but for someone who wants to baby wear without the complexities of wraps I like it just fine! The insert is really easy to use and worth the money if it is going to be her main carrier.

cynthia mosher 03-04-2011, 09:01 PM

Aha! There's an infant insert! I've been looking at slings to figure out what to buy my cousin who had her first babe. I was wondering if this would work for a newborn. Did you use another carrier for the early days?

Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: