Viewing Review: Love the Ergo - Mothering Forums

Love the Ergo Edit
by sunpath8 Combined Rating: 4.6

We've been using our Ergo (with infant insert) since day one.  Our son loves it and, especially now that he is wants to get down and run more, it's great that he pops in and out so fast!

We...
Pros Cons
  • easy on/off, long term use
  • can't face out

We've been using our Ergo (with infant insert) since day one.  Our son loves it and, especially now that he is wants to get down and run more, it's great that he pops in and out so fast!

We did have a period where he wanted to face out and the Ergo doesn't have an outward position, but otherwise it's been in constant use.  He's napped in there through many all-day events (I mean, he takes his naps while in the Ergo) and we often had times where it was the only practical way to keep him close for long periods.  

I recommend the Ergo to all my friends!

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
cynthia mosher 03-05-2011, 08:48 PM

Oh that's a good point. It seems most end up with two or more carriers anyway and Ergo seems to be a top choice. Thanks again!

sunpath8 03-05-2011, 06:04 PM

We went through a short period where our son wanted to face out. Now that he is older he doesn't care about facing out. If he's in the carrier, it's because he wants to be cuddled (or is riding on my back). We do also have a Baby K'Tan carrier and a Girasol woven wrap and those worked great during that period (for facing out). Some people actually recommend against ever putting them facing out because it's too much stimulation for them and they can't look away. We needed out-facing for a bit, though. He just was too fussy when he was faced in. I love all three of our carriers, but we keep coming back to the Ergo. It's just so fast and easy!

cynthia mosher 03-04-2011, 10:02 PM

Not having an outward position option is unfortunate. All the reviews of this carrier have been great otherwise but this is a drawback for older babes. Still, you seem to like it. Thanks so much for the info!

Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: