Viewing Review: Technology at its Best - Mothering Forums

Technology at its Best Edit
by TsMom11 Combined Rating: 4.7

I received my Lady-Comp as a wedding gift and have used it for both contraception and conception.  Even with my some-what irregular cycles it has been completely safe for me. 

The Lady-Comp...
Pros Cons
  • easy to use, accurate, no sticks to buy, does the work for you, can use for contraception or conception
  • a little costly at first, user diligence

I received my Lady-Comp as a wedding gift and have used it for both contraception and conception.  Even with my some-what irregular cycles it has been completely safe for me. 

The Lady-Comp encompasses the values of NFP, but does all the work for you.  The alarm wakes you up and reminds you to take your temperature then calculates and stores all of your data.  You get a green light on days you're infertile, a red light on days of high fertility, and a yellow on days that there may be a slight chance of getting pregnant.  With its hi-tech internal computer it literally learns your cycle and can predict your fertility a few days in advance (so you can skip a day here or there). 

I bought another as a wedding gift for my cousin and while it seems a little costly up front, with no sticks to keep buying it pays for itself in a matter of months and has a lifespan of 10 years or more.

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
anneca77 02-25-2013, 01:26 PM

I have one of these that I never needed to use and I'd love to sell it. It's in perfect condition, feel free to PM me if interested!

cynthia mosher 03-03-2011, 01:43 PM

Nice idea to give as a wedding gift!

annamarie980 02-22-2011, 07:27 AM

I have the Lady-Comp too since 2004 and I love it. Many of my friends have the Lady-Comp too. It is a great choice of contraception. It is the only fertility monitor which has a proven accuracy of 99.3%. I read so many articles about the side effects of hormonal contraception and the chance of not ever getting pregnant after using horomonal contraception that I got off the pill and moved to a natural form of birth control that is reliable and respectful of my body.

Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: