Viewing Review: wonderful for sore nipples - Mothering Forums

wonderful for sore nipples Edit
by briannas auntie Combined Rating: 5.0

I bought these on the advice of my gyno, who suggested that I use soft nursing pads to cover my nipples, that were getting very sore due to pumping.  Because I am on Domperidone for gastric...
Pros Cons
  • very sort, absorbent, controured, inexpensive
  • none

I bought these on the advice of my gyno, who suggested that I use soft nursing pads to cover my nipples, that were getting very sore due to pumping.  Because I am on Domperidone for gastric motility, it has caused me to produce breastmilk and pumping this milk out has made my nipples very sore.  These Lansinoh pads are super soft and have elastics on the sides, so they conform to your breasts and stay in your bra better.  They also allow you to apply nipple cream to the pad and apply the pad directly to your breast, which is convenient. 

Even though they are disposable, they don't fall apart, nor do they leave any gross gel on your skin.  Plus, they are inexpensive, so someone on a limited budget can afford them.  Overall, they are a wonderful product!

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
briannas auntie 03-06-2011, 01:03 AM

I had the same problem with some reuseable nursing pads, especially the ones with really scratchy flannel on them. The disposable ones have been much more comfortable for me.

QueenOfTheMeadow 03-05-2011, 02:12 PM

When I was breastfeeding, I found these pads to be really helpful too. Some of the cloth reusable pads actually irritated my already sore nipples!

Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: