Viewing Review: Best store-bought baby food EVER. - Mothering Forums
Best store-bought baby food EVER. Edit
by ScottyG Combined Rating: 5.0

I don't usually write reviews here.  And, to be honest, I make most of our baby's food myself, from farmer's market purchases.  But I do keep some premade food around the house for traveling, or...
Pros Cons
  • Easy to use packaging, no additives, exceptionally delicious.
  • None.

I don't usually write reviews here.  And, to be honest, I make most of our baby's food myself, from farmer's market purchases.  But I do keep some premade food around the house for traveling, or for moments when I just need some food fast.

I gave this a shot because it was on sale, and organic, and the packaging looked interesting.  And it is, without a doubt, the finest premade baby food I have ever encountered.  First and foremost: the taste.  I would eat this with a spoon myself.  I would put it on vanilla ice cream and swoon with delight.  It is sweet and delicious, and taste exactly like the fresh fruit.  No additives, no sugars, no nothing but incredibly ripe, perfect fruit in a pouch.  Amazing.

Also, I should mention the packaging.  It's in a little squeeze tube with a cap.  So no need to dirty too many dishes, no need for a container to keep the unused portion fresh... You just squeeze out as much as you want into a dish, and the rest remains in a stay-fresh pouch.  Genius!

In any case, if you are going to buy baby food, I recommend this one over all others.  It's tasty enough that I'd eat it myself in a heartbeat (unlike all the other brands I've tried) and the packaging is very convenient, and there's nothing in it but the stuff you want.  Thumbs up!

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
ScottyG 05-07-2011, 06:39 PM

I've never tried the Happytot food... we don't have a Whole Foods near me, and I think much of the Plum food's appeal is that I could buy it at Target. I don't remember it being SUPER expensive at Target, but I definitely don't use it as an all-the-time food. But the Happytot could be a great substitution! I don't know how it tastes... and that's the thing that really stood out, to me, about this Plum food: I really, seriously, wanted to eat it, and did steal a few bites from my infant. It's really really good. The other flavors were okay, but this one was awesome.

princesstutu 05-07-2011, 05:50 PM

I saw this in Whole Foods the other day, but I thought it was too pricey. HAPPYTOT has a pouch food, too, that is also organic but cheaper.

Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: