Viewing Review: fun fun fun serious fun - Mothering Forums

fun fun fun serious fun Edit
by Kathy White Combined Rating: 5.0

Please note Larry Cohen and I will be doing a Playful Parenting teleseminar together starting June 8th 2011  so of course this review is biased.

However read on to see why I so want to work...
Pros Cons
  • lighthearted approach to the serious matter of raising children
  • fear I am too uptight to be goofing around

Please note Larry Cohen and I will be doing a Playful Parenting teleseminar together starting June 8th 2011  so of course this review is biased.

However read on to see why I so want to work with Larry.  He is a play therapist and so has a lot of information as to why and how children play (facinating reading in itself).

The anecdotes of adventures that he gets into with children brings tears to my eyes, you can feel the palpable connections and trust that develops between him and the kids .  It's a very honest approach to realise yes, I really don't like playing with my kids sometimes, I'm bored when they say "again, again, " and yet they want me to...so what can I do to get onto their level and muck about in a way that I actually have fun too...

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
mamaupupup 06-15-2011, 03:52 PM

We love this approach--I consult the book often. This really works for ALL of us, parents included! It makes parenting more enjoyable too! Everyone has more fun and greater connections in our world from following this advice!

Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: