Viewing Review: Great for dry skin - Mothering Forums

Great for dry skin Edit
by Amatullah0 Combined Rating: 4.7

I loved using Lanisoh pure lanolin in the first few months of nursing DS, when I was dealing with serious nipple pain. The cream gave him white face, but it was worth it -- not only because it...
Pros Cons
  • safe for baby to eat, good for protecting dry/chapped skin, lasts FOREVER
  • can be difficult to apply to sensitive/sore nipples, especially when the product is cold, sticky-sticks to clothing/breast pads/baby's face

I loved using Lanisoh pure lanolin in the first few months of nursing DS, when I was dealing with serious nipple pain. The cream gave him white face, but it was worth it -- not only because it made my nipples feel less pained, but because it also gave me something to laugh at - the lanolin all over DS's mouth! I agree with previous posters, it would be nice if the product was packaged in smaller packages, since I only used about an eighth of the package. It would also be nice if the packaging were in the form of a tub or something similarly easier than a tube to get product out of. I DO however like the change in the packaging, the new tube design is much easier to squeeze. 

I also use this product for my eczema. It absorbs and moisturizes better than petroleum jelly, not to mention that the product is not petroleum derived! I usually put it on before I go to bed at night, and it means that I don't have to worry about reapplying the lanolin until the next night unless I get a really bad outbreak that forces me to apply the product a couple of times per day. 

I will keep this in the house whenever I am nursing a newborn and as long as I still suffer from eczema.

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: