Viewing Review: I'm somewhat converted - Mothering Forums

I'm somewhat converted Edit
by dakotablue Combined Rating: 4.0

My son has been having a really hard time with teething. We have been using Hyland's gel, which I think works better. Its quicker and more direct as you can place it directly on the budding...
Pros Cons
  • easy to use, works, safe
  • not as direct as gel

My son has been having a really hard time with teething. We have been using Hyland's gel, which I think works better. Its quicker and more direct as you can place it directly on the budding tooth.

That said, I loved these tablets, they are easy to give and my six month old now opens his mouth to take them from me.

These take a bit longer to work, and seem to dull the pain rather than remove sensation entirely, which I think is ok. The main benefit, though, is as my son gets more teeth I can't place the gel as easily, either because teeth are in the way or because my son clamps down on anything near his mouth. That is why I was so surprised he started opening his mouth when he saw the bottle coming. If that isn't an indicator of a great product I don't know what is.

So, If your baby has few or no teeth yet stick with gel. When relief is harder to administer these tablets are an awesome alternative.

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: