Viewing Review: Prevents Leaks Like a Pro - Mothering Forums

Prevents Leaks Like a Pro Edit
by Tear78 Combined Rating: 4.7
These covers fit our baby best to prevent leaks. She came early and doesn't have a lot of leg chub, so many diapers are loose and leak around the legs. The Thirsties have a leak-catching system...
Pros Cons
  • prevents leaks, not bulky, snaps offer lots of sizing ranges
  • questionable sizing, snaps can be tricky on squirmy baby
These covers fit our baby best to prevent leaks. She came early and doesn't have a lot of leg chub, so many diapers are loose and leak around the legs. The Thirsties have a leak-catching system to prevent this. They're also easy to wipe clean (unless the edging gets soiled, which is unusual), minimizing the frequency of throwing them in the wash.

I don't understand the sizing system, though. We use these covers with flats, and the size 2 diapers fit her over these. They're rated for 18-40lb. babies, and ours is currently around 10lbs. I can only guess that this sizing is perhaps intended for trimmer cloth diapers than ours? We simply tightened the cover's vertical snaps to the tiniest setting and it works great. I am slightly nervous that they will not be big enough when she grows, and there is no size 3 option. ETA - ok, I was basing this on a cover that was given to us as a gift, and maybe it was an older version? I ordered some brand new Size 2 covers, and they are larger than the one I had. I can see how these would fit an 18+ pound baby. I'm now thoroughly confused why my other size 2 is smaller, but still love these covers!
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: