Viewing Review: Our go-to, from newborn to toddler! - Mothering Forums
Our go-to, from newborn to toddler! Edit
by JulieInChicago Combined Rating: 4.4

My husband and I are anti-"baby bucket."  Everyone these days seems to carry their baby around in a plastic bucket with a handle, holding her at shin height and putting her on the floor for...
Pros Cons
  • Comfortable, easy, dad-friendly, stylish
  • HOT in warm weather.

My husband and I are anti-"baby bucket."  Everyone these days seems to carry their baby around in a plastic bucket with a handle, holding her at shin height and putting her on the floor for convenience.  When I got pregnant, we swore we would never be "bucket people."  We didn't know it at the time, but we were destined to become Ergo people instead.

Need to get your baby to sleep?  Try the Ergo.

Need to get on and off a subway (translation: stairs!)?  Use your Ergo!

Want to get through a crowded store?  Ergo to the rescue!

Want a carrier your husband can figure out?  Ergo it is!

Need to just hug your baby, but still get things done and have free hands?  Yup, the Ergo.

Our only two issues:

Ho-lee-cow, does it get sweaty in there in the summer.  I guess that's why they have the "sport" edition now that has mesh on the back, but plan on under-dressing your baby in warmer conditions.

And, yikes, using the heart to heart insert is a two handed talent at first.  Juggling carrier, insert, and baby (esp as a sleepless new mom) is a feat.  BUT take heart, you'll figure it out.  We did!  Our two-day-old made a nice trek through Target in his Ergo with insert, no problem!

In fact, here's 6-week-old Elliot with dad cheering on a bike race.

ergo.jpg

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
Peggy O'Mara 11-08-2011, 10:38 AM

Great photo and great review. Thanks so much, Julie.

Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: