Viewing Review: Imse Vimse Bumpy Wool Wrap - Mothering Forums

Imse Vimse Bumpy Wool Wrap Edit
by Midwesterner04 Combined Rating: 4.7

I purchased this wrap in size medium when my toddler was a young infant, and have been very satisfied. The cover came pre-felted, which I loved, and I did go ahead and use it once before...
Pros Cons
  • Lower-cost wool, generous sizing, effective gussets, holds prefolds in place
  • Touchtape tabs do not always lie flat in the front

I purchased this wrap in size medium when my toddler was a young infant, and have been very satisfied. The cover came pre-felted, which I loved, and I did go ahead and use it once before lanolizing, with no ill effects. The wide waist velcro, which is entirely covered to prevent scratching skin or snagging on clothes, and leg snaps tightened up enough to get a nice fit on my slim-ish then 4-month-old and continues to accommodate her at 14 months. This trim-fitting cover can hold a trifolded prefold in place and works pretty well under clothing. We have used it for both daytime and overnights and have never had a leak. The velcro and snaps are very durable and the cover washes up easily by hand, though the label specifies that the cover is gentle cycle-safe.

The fit is kind of like a higher-waisted Thirsties cover in that it is narrow at  the top and wide at the bottom, with elastic gussets that sit somewhat low on the upper thighs. This fit works great for my baby's build,  though I know that some chubbier-legged babies prefer covers that are higher-cut.

Overall I think this is a great cover and am very glad I chose it for my first foray into wool. It is easy to care for, does the job, and can be found at a lower price than most similar wraps. I think the fact that this wrap can be machine washed says a lot about its durability. In short, I would buy it again!

imsevimse.jpg

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: