Viewing Review: Daddy's Favorite - Mothering Forums

Daddy's Favorite Edit
by terifinn Combined Rating: 4.2

My husband "gave" this to me for Xmas last year after I had not-so-subtly asked for it. I had used a wrap for 5months until this point and was interested in the Ergo. I loved my wrap but I wanted...
Pros Cons
  • Ease of use, durable, multiple uses
  • limited sizing, no forward facing

My husband "gave" this to me for Xmas last year after I had not-so-subtly asked for it. I had used a wrap for 5months until this point and was interested in the Ergo. I loved my wrap but I wanted something that would be easier to put on when outside my car and wouldn't drag on the ground.

I really enjoy the Ergo but my husband particularly loves it. We have the black color and is non-threatening enough for 'machismo' type issues.  He likes to wear it on his front. We did lots of hikes with baby on the front in the Ergo and he enjoyed using it with a backpack for workout walks/ ruck marches. We were living in Italy at the time and infant carriers are recommended in Venice, rather than strollers, and Ergo was a great carrier for travel. 

I really enjoy its durablity and the three options of wear. We rarely did back carry and never used side carry but its always a possibility.  My complaints are my larger relative and friends couldn't use it. The waist band was too small for larger would-be carriers. Also, I'm tall (6 foot) and have a large rack. The top clip, when in back carry mode, would be pretty close to choking me. I'm not sure if this is adjustable but I haven't found an alternative yet.

It is pricier than other carriers but its better for babies' bodies. I wish there was an option for forward facing carry but its just not with Ergo's design.

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: