Viewing Review: Easy, Comfortable, Eco-Friendly! - Mothering Forums

Easy, Comfortable, Eco-Friendly! Edit
by Tear78 Combined Rating: 5.0
My sister gave me a Keeper about 15 years ago when she graduated college. I was using tampons at the time and wasn't sure about switching. The Keeper took a little getting used to simply because...
Pros Cons
  • Easy to use, saves $$$ and resources
  • takes some getting used to
My sister gave me a Keeper about 15 years ago when she graduated college. I was using tampons at the time and wasn't sure about switching. The Keeper took a little getting used to simply because it's a little messier than tampons, but the benefits far outweigh that and now I don't even blink an eye: it's so easy! I can't IMAGINE going back. After childbirth I had to use pads for a while, and I couldn't believe how uncomfortable they were. When the Keeper is in, I often forget it's there. It does not leak unless it becomes completely full and I don't empty it for too long, which only happens on my heaviest days. Then I have to empty it every 3-4 hours. Plus, once it's in, you don't need to remember to bring anything with you: you just empty it, rinse it, and put it back in. It's available in before-childbirth (or after c-section) and after-childbirth sizes. I LOVE my Keeper, and as an extra persuasive measure: I just bought my first replacement. The Keeper lasted me 15 years!!! I'm replacing it because the rubber is starting to get a little old and break down a bit, but it STILL works. If you have a latex allergy, you can get their Moon Cup instead, which I haven't tried, but it's latex-free.

ETA - well, I placed my order two months ago, and since then I have called and emailed with no response. I was never charged, and I never received my Keeper. Maybe they've gone out of business. I ordered a Diva cup and so far I love it! It's pretty much exactly the same except not latex.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: