Viewing Review: A little more sleep? - Mothering Forums
A little more sleep? Edit
by cedarwoman Combined Rating: 3.7

When I first purchased the Snoogle I was in love. After three months of sleepless nights between my first and second trimester of my first pregnancy, I was unable to sleep for long stretches at a...
Pros Cons
  • Versatile, practical, allows variety of sleep positions
  • Cumbersome, did not retain firmness

When I first purchased the Snoogle I was in love. After three months of sleepless nights between my first and second trimester of my first pregnancy, I was unable to sleep for long stretches at a time due to the need to reposition. The Snoogle allowed me greater lengths of supported side-sleeping.

Initially the firmness of the Snoogle was perfect. The head rest was a little puffy for my liking, but it supported my hips well and kept me from rolling onto my back. I'm now in the middle of my third trimester and the Snoogle has lost some of its firmness, but it is still by far the favourite pillow for night time. In order to switch from side to side, however, it was not possible for me to hang on to the Snoogle and just roll over in the third trimester as I share a queen-sized bed - this might not be a problem in a king-sized bed, and was not a problem for me in the second trimester. I found myself having to sit up and flip the Snoogle over to switch sides, which did not solve the broken sleep problem.

I'm of average height and I did not have a problem 'fitting' into the Snoogle. However, its size prevented my husband and I from snuggling in bed like we are used to, so it was an adjustment for both of us to divide snuggling and sleeping time. The cover of the Snoogle is washable, but it takes a few tries to replace it properly! 

That said, getting back to sleep was far easier than attempting this on a shifting pile of pillows! If for no reason other than it takes less time to adjust and return to sleep, it was worth the investment to get rid of the 'pillow mountain' I had been using. The first night I slept for a few consecutive hours was enough for me to justify the price: it was that much of a relief!

The Snoogle offers support in all the right places: behind your hips and shoulders, between your knees, at your back, and into the third trimester, I placed my back along the 'long side' and brought one of the bottom 'tails' in between my legs up to support my belly.

I can see this product behind helpful for side-lying nursing to support one's back without restricting access for baby (placing your back along the 'long side' of the Snoogle). I plan to hang onto it for a future pregnancy.

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: