Viewing Review: Style and comfort - Mothering Forums
Style and comfort Edit
by jenrose Combined Rating: 5.0

My first babyhawk was a small, minkee lined mei tai that was "middle of the road". I got it sometime in 2005, I believe (all my dates are approximate, and I don't always remember which carriers...
Pros Cons
  • Great design, great fabric selection
  • Too many choices?

My first babyhawk was a small, minkee lined mei tai that was "middle of the road". I got it sometime in 2005, I believe (all my dates are approximate, and I don't always remember which carriers I've paid for and which I've done as testers, so bear with me on those.) It was cute, but didn't stand out, comfort-wise. They changed a bit of the design after that.

We got a Toddlerhawk before going on a cruise, sometime in 2006 or 2007. A deep green with a gorgeous mandala on it, my husband was happy to wear it, and one of my favorite pictures is of him, with our daughter on his back in the Toddlerhawk, walking down the steps at the Panama Canal while she tries to grab the Panama hat off his head.

The headrest on the Toddlerhawk is quite good, and the size is ample for toddlers. Shiny was almost two, but about 22 pounds on that cruise, and we both wore her extensively. It is one of the fraction of the total number of slings I've owned that I don't lend out, because it is comfortable enough and "my style" enough that I'd regret it profoundly if it didn't come back. 

The number of fabric options is staggering. Despite being a popular carrier, you can still get it styled your way. I haven't tried their new Oh Snap! yet, but if the design sensibility behind it is as good as the Toddlerhawk, it will definitely be something I look forward to exploring for my new baby. 

I put "too many choices" as a con, but that's only because there are so many fabrics I love, and so many options to choose from, that it gets overwhelming. But you can get a carrier done your way, and the variety is part of what makes BabyHawk special.

The Toddlerhawk I have would work well for either toddler or very young baby with feet in, but the base is wide (intended for toddlers) and would require a cinch of some sort for a younger baby to ride feet out. This is not unexpected for this kind of carrier, but is something to be aware of. I have not tried the smaller BabyHawk recently. 

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: