Viewing Review: Ergo carrier is the best! - Mothering Forums
Ergo carrier is the best! Edit
by elmer Combined Rating: 5.0

The Ergo carrier is my absolute favorite carrier! I purchased my first one after my son was born in 2007. I mainly purchased it because I liked the versatility of it and that it would go up to 35...
Pros Cons
  • Everything about it is great!
  • hip carry not great if you have a bad neck

The Ergo carrier is my absolute favorite carrier! I purchased my first one after my son was born in 2007. I mainly purchased it because I liked the versatility of it and that it would go up to 35 to 40lbs in weight. I am very into multipurpose baby items so I didn't want to have to purchase a new carrier after a few months (money was very tight at the time) so anything that lasted longer worked for me. Little did I know how much use I'd get out of it. I had gotten a stroller for my baby shower and needless to say it collected a lot of dust. I barely used a stroller with my son I always went for my Ergo!. So comfortable so easy to use and once I got the hang of putting my son on my back by myself life was a breeze. I could go anywhere do anything I wanted to and he was happy as a clam because he was with mama. I like to be hands free and having to push a stroller was always such a bother to me and made life more difficult in my opinion.

Fast forward 2.5 years later and baby #2 arrives and I want to take both kids and dog for a walk. Well the stroller is out. dog + stroller= disaster! So I say to hubbie I need another carrier and was thinking of another Ergo but didn't know if I could use 2 at the same time so I decided to try another soft fabric wrap like carrier instead. Well I got it home and tried it out at home just to see how I'd like it. Hated it!!! So hubbie says You love the Ergo so much just get another one! So that is what I did!  I now go for walks with both kids in their carriers and people look at me like I'm nuts or super mom not sure which? But it works! Both kids are secure and mom and dog get some exercise. (side note the stroller has gotten more use with the second but very little at that. I still think its a stuff carrier as opposed to a baby holder)

I recommend the carrier to everyone I meet and don't know where I would be with out it! Easy to put on and take off even with a sleeping child. I had the original baby insert which I called a Taco shell and that made it so much easier to have a few week old baby in the carrier. I can't say anything negative about this carrier, OK two things, I'm not a fan of the hip carry position as you have to undo and redo buckles and tends to pull on my neck so that position does not work for me as I have a very sensitive neck. The second is that its hard in the Northeast to wear this with bulky winter clothes/jackets but otherwise I have no complaints with the design and use of it . It washes great, zip pouch is great holds an extra cloth diaper if necessary or wallet cell phone keys etc, straps are soft and don't cut in anywhere. Dad likes using it as well.

I'm not sure what I will do when my kids out grow them.

I think this is the must have carrier if you are going to get one and well worth the money spent on them.

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: