Viewing Review: great car seat - Mothering Forums

great car seat Edit
by kbvr Combined Rating: 5.0

This is my go to seat. I had purchased this originally for my daughter, but was persuaded to try the Radian which I also like. however, the Radian doesnt fit well in my car rear facing. This one...
Pros Cons
  • secure fits a smaller car, higher weight limit
  • hard to tighten straps - have to ratchet

This is my go to seat. I had purchased this originally for my daughter, but was persuaded to try the Radian which I also like. however, the Radian doesnt fit well in my car rear facing. This one does, it is easy to install using latch system, can be rear facing for a longer time (weight limit) than many other brands - that is something that is important to me. I am intending to keep my daughter rear facing for as long as possible. I love the additional head support and protection and that moves up and down easily.

i do find the straps hard to tighten and loosen, and am yet to take the cover off to be washed and am a little daunted by the prospect of unthreading and rethreading straps. I have this in a brown colorway, but it is the same seat and performance. Overall I love this seat and Britax.

100_5496.JPG

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
cpcable 12-06-2011, 05:10 AM

I also have this car seat and have been so far impressed by its performance. I found out after we received it, however, that it is ranked #1 by healthystuff.org as the most toxic convertible car seat out there because of high levels of bromine (associated with brominated flame retardants); chlorine (indicating the presence of polyvinyl chloride, or PVC and plasticizers); lead; and other heavy metals. If I could afford to replace my car seat or if I could make the choice again I would choose one of the less toxic ones.
http://www.healthystuff.org/departments/childrens-products/product.seatsbestworst.php

Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: