Viewing Review: Great carrier! - Mothering Forums

Great carrier! Edit
by MyNameIsYou Combined Rating: 4.5

I just got this carrier and I LOVE it so far!  I love the pockets that it has as well as the shape and design.  It is a really functional and beautiful carrier.  I haven't been using it for long...
Pros Cons
  • sturdy, beautiful, functional
  • hard to get bigger kid seated, curved buckle

I just got this carrier and I LOVE it so far!  I love the pockets that it has as well as the shape and design.  It is a really functional and beautiful carrier.  I haven't been using it for long so I will have to come back and update later after I have put it through some more trials.

I don't especially care for the rounded buckle on the waist strap.  It doesn't make it more comfortable and it is slightly trickier to click together than a straight buckle, but that is a very minor concern.  The way the chest clips and stirrup straps are attached is really cool.  I've never seen anything like it.  The rigid piping acts as a rail that the buckles slide on and they work really well.  I do wonder how the will hold up but for now, I love them.  I haven't really been able to get the stirrups figured out.  They seemed kind of awkward and the kiddo thought they were less comfortable than just dangling legs but I might not have had it adjusted right.  I also had a hard time getting a 35lb kiddo seated all the way down but I'm thinking that it's because it's not as broken-in as the ergo that I had used with him before.  It was easy to get a 20lb 1y/o in all the way.  I am very intrigued by the way it converts to an infant carrier but I don't have an infant to try it out with.

The company is also fantastic to deal with.  I wish that they were making all their carriers in the US.  If I recall correctly, they also used to all be made out of organic materials and now they have an "organic line" but most are not organic and made in China... *sigh* 

I don't want to end on a bad note so I will say, this carrier made a 40lb 5y/o feel like carrying a 1y/o and the 1y/o was so easy I felt like I could have hiked for miles.

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: