Viewing Review: Not good for sleeping - Mothering Forums

Not good for sleeping Edit
by capucine Combined Rating: 3.2

This is the prettiest carrier, and fit my shoulders and figure (at 5'6") much better than the Ergo. I got it when my daughter was about nine months, two years ago - it doesn't appear to have...
Pros Cons
  • Cute and good shape for women's bodies
  • No head support when baby is asleep

This is the prettiest carrier, and fit my shoulders and figure (at 5'6") much better than the Ergo. I got it when my daughter was about nine months, two years ago - it doesn't appear to have changed much since then. Whenever she fell asleep, her head would hang straight back and swing around - zero support! The Ergo sleep hood blows this feature out of the water, and unfortunately it was a deal breaker for me. My kid always falls asleep in the carrier. I totally fail to understand the deal with the no-support thing, although I heard the explanation was Ergo sued Beco to stop them including a supportive hood. I believe with a small new infant, the baby would be far enough down inside to give head support, but not once the baby was big.

Whatever the case may be, it was very expensive and only used a handful of times. I see their new Gemini model, maybe that one solves the issue. But this one is useless without sleep support, especially when you've moved on to back carrying.

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: