Viewing Review: Kawaii Baby Minky and Bamboo one-size pocket diapers - Mothering Forums
Kawaii Baby Minky and Bamboo one-size pocket diapers Edit
by amberskyfire Combined Rating: 5.0

I normally don't buy anything made in China, but had to go against my rule or cloth diapers. After months of trying, I was unable to get any affordable ones used online and finally caved to...
Pros Cons
  • highly absorbent, soft, durable, no leaks, fits newborns, beautiful colors, low price, 2 inserts
  • bulky on newborns, inserts take a long time to line-dry

I normally don't buy anything made in China, but had to go against my rule or cloth diapers. After months of trying, I was unable to get any affordable ones used online and finally caved to buying new made-in-China diapers online since they were so much cheaper than used pocket diapers of any other brand. Unless it's mom-made, the others are all made in China anyway, even those commonly believed to be made in Canada. (They're not.)

I am SO SO glad that I did get them. I searched reviews on all of the cheap brands and read so many good things about the Kawaii Baby bamboo diapers that I decided to try them. You can get them for around $11 on their website, but if you look for closeout sales on Ebay, you can get them as low as $7 apiece like I did. And the shipping was free!

These diapers are incredible. The reviews did not lie. They are sooooooo soft inside and out. Each diaper comes with not one but TWO bamboo inserts so you can double them up at night if you want to. The inserts are incredibly absorbent. I have been using them for three weeks now and haven't had a single leak. They don't wick moisture at all.

The diapers seem very durable and well-made, not cheap at all. I line-dry mine and then fluff them in the dryer on medium/low for a couple of minutes. I haven't had any problems yet. The snaps still all work fine and are easy to undo and snap.

I was amazed that they fit my skinny little 6.5 lb newborn. No leaks! I admit, they are a bit bulky on a tiny baby, but no more than other OS pocket diapers and as long as they don't leak, who cares? NB size onesies fit over them just fine and it doesn't affect the car seat.

The minky is lined with PUL on the inside, just like Fuzzi Bunz diapers, only the part that touches baby is bamboo velour, not polyester like other pocket diapers. They breathe nicely. No diaper rashes here!

Kawaii Baby diapers come in a whole rainbow of colors including black, white and gray. I bought light blue, olive green and cream for my little boy and love the colors, especially the blue. Though the listing on Ebay said that I could choose one color, they did not hesitate to send me the three colors I requested. So nice! I received my diapers in about two or three days. Shipping was fast.

So far, I could not be more happy with these diapers. I highly recommend them!

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
amberskyfire 04-12-2012, 01:34 PM

Yes, they do fit high on baby's tummy so they would cover the cord stump. I didn't have any trouble with it, though. I cut my baby's cord rather long (about 10 inches of it was left on) and it didn't get rubbed off or knocked off by the diaper. It never did get irritated or infected. I think the bamboo may have actually helped it heal. They are super absorbent, so the pee never got up to baby's navel level. If you're really worried about cord stump care, Bummi's WhisperWraps make a newborn cover for use with prefolds that dips below the navel or you can cover baby's umbilicus with a single piece of cotton gauze to protect it from rubbing on clothing and diapers.

tri31 04-12-2012, 05:02 AM

You mentioned that Kawaii's fit your newborn. Did you have any trouble with material rubbing against the umbilical cord stump? TIA

Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: