Viewing Review: Work well, but not worth it - Mothering Forums

Work well, but not worth it Edit
by amberskyfire Combined Rating: 2.7

These diapers came highly recommended, but were nearly $40 EACH at our local baby store. OMG! Online, the price was not a whole lot better. For diapers made in China, you'd expect them to be a...
Pros Cons
  • fit newborns, no leaks, dry quickly
  • expensive, plastic

These diapers came highly recommended, but were nearly $40 EACH at our local baby store. OMG! Online, the price was not a whole lot better. For diapers made in China, you'd expect them to be a bit less than mom-made diapers.

I was given two of these used from a friend and I admit, they do work great, but there are other OS diapers out there for much cheaper. Also, the diapers are polyester and lined with PUL, so not breathable. No rashes here, but babies prone to rashes may have problems.

I do like that the elastic inserts are removable and you can replace them easily. They dry up quickly on the line because they are made of polyester fabric, though the inserts still take a while to dry.

Tip: use a Gerber prefold instead of the microfiber inserts and they will dry much faster.

I love the two I have, but would never buy them new. No diaper is worth the price these run IMO.

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
JudiAU 03-29-2012, 04:50 PM

It might be helpful if you post where you live. The retail price for FB in the USA is $19.95 and most places charge less with a package.

chviegrl99 03-29-2012, 08:53 AM

Wow 40 a piece for fuzzibunz! I paid 17 new 15 months ago. I love mine and actually just bought more for our second (the new elite style) which I have to say is way better than the old style. We never have rash issues with cloth but if we put any disposable on her she sprouts a rash right away. We have tried even the 7th generation and other no chemical ones. I do wish I could find a overnight option that worked better as the hemp and bamboo liners just dont hold her overnight, she wakes up cuz she is too wet, seems to seep back to her skin (she sleeps 12 hours at night)

Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: