Viewing Review: Great pump, but hard to clean entirely - Mothering Forums

Great pump, but hard to clean entirely Edit
by erigeron Combined Rating: 4.0

I had this pump and I loved it. I could vary the suction and I always got plenty of milk with it. I actually liked the suction better than my electric pump because I could do a long pull then a...
Pros Cons
  • Good suction, easy to use
  • Flange can't be cleaned completely

I had this pump and I loved it. I could vary the suction and I always got plenty of milk with it. I actually liked the suction better than my electric pump because I could do a long pull then a quick off, whereas my electric pump would only do a long pull/long off or short pull/short off. So this pump was easy to adapt to my needs. Then the flange (center tube that connects the bottle to the part that goes on your boob) started growing green things, so I had to throw it out. Medela for some reason can't make a product where everything that touches milk can be easily and fully cleaned... there are little grooves in there that pose a problem. Eventually I will buy a new flange and boil it after each use. Aside from that this is an awesome pump but I advise everyone to boil that bit. Hot soapy water doesn't cut it.

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: