Viewing Review: Flat Head due to this sleeper! - Mothering Forums

Flat Head due to this sleeper! Edit
by bocbocboc

My dear friend used this sleeper for her babe.  He loved it and she used it for pretty much all of this naps and nighttime sleeping. (He had reflux and needed the incline).  He developed a flat...

My dear friend used this sleeper for her babe.  He loved it and she used it for pretty much all of this naps and nighttime sleeping. (He had reflux and needed the incline).  He developed a flat spot on the back of his head due to this sleeper (confirmed by dr.) and ended up wearing a helmet for several months.  When she used it, Fisher Price stiffens the back of it with a plastic sheet which presses against the babe's soft head.  Don't know whether Fisher Price has changed the way they make it, but be aware before you put you baby in this or any other type of similarly made sleeper/bassinet.

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
ChristmasLover 09-07-2012, 05:51 PM

My son slept in this seat for all naps and night sleeping for the first 5 months of his life. He had an insignificant flat spot that was spotted at his 4 month visit, so I ordered the "noggin nest" pillow which has a hole in it to prevent flat spots. All turned out fine...

appalachiamama 08-23-2012, 08:21 AM

I'd like to recommend a baby hammock for another option. They are awesome and no flat heads. :-)

Tricia Valek 08-16-2012, 06:36 AM

I also agree with the pp, my daughter wants to be in arms all the time lately, her own natural built in defence against this problem. We this sleeper and she likes it. Not as much as our bed. And not as much as my two year old. We spent the first week saying chasing him out of it. Then I found him asleep in it. We took it on vacation with us (we are a family of seven) and it fit in our car carrier beautifully.

cynthia mosher 08-15-2012, 06:08 PM

I agree with 1stTimeMama4-4-10. This happens even with soft fabric chairs with no stiffening material in them. It happens from the baby spending too much time in such chairs.

1stTimeMama4-4-10 08-15-2012, 07:06 AM

I think that if you leave your baby in ANYTHING for too long they will develop a flat spot. The solution is not to get a new crib/basinett/carseat, it's to not leave your baby in any contraption for too many hours per day. We have one of these and I look forward to using it, but not abusing it.

Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: