Viewing Review: Kiwi Crates: a fun and easy way to keep the kids busy - Mothering Forums
Kiwi Crates: a fun and easy way to keep the kids busy Edit
by Melanie Mayo Combined Rating: 5.0

I adore the idea behind these fun filled crates! Every month someone else thinks up a couple of fun and educational crafts, packages everything my child needs to create them, and sends it all...
Pros Cons
  • unique and exciting craft option for kids, educational

I adore the idea behind these fun filled crates! Every month someone else thinks up a couple of fun and educational crafts, packages everything my child needs to create them, and sends it all straight to my door. Talk about fun!

I was very impressed when my children and I opened the first kiwi crate and found that not only were there two crafts, but there was enough materials in each craft section for my two children to work together. Of course, we still only ended up with one completed product in the end, but both were easily able to take part in creating it. Still, if you have two kids who want to each complete the crafts from start to finish you may want to consider their sibling add-on option. They will include enough materials for two kids at a much reduced rate. 

The craft projects themselves were educational at about a preschool level, fun and easy to create, and the end product of each was something we could use and play with later.

Everything, right down to the kid safe scissors, was included in the package so I didn't end up having to run around the house searching for crafts supplies--and the instructions were very clear.

Although the suggested age range for these is 3-7, both my two-year-old (with supervision) and eight-year-old loved these crates. And, as a homeschooling mom, I appreciated the educational angle and associated educational information that came with each craft. 

Although the price seems a bit high ($19.95/month for the main subscription, $7.95/month for sibling add-on) the quality of included products, unique and well thought out crafts, and easy of use makes them a great deal.

Enjoy! 

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: