Viewing Review: New Choice - Mothering Forums

New Choice Edit
by hreighn2483

I never write reviews for anything, but this test gave me such anxiety for 24 hours! I initally took FRER at 10DPO with FMU and it came up as a very faint positive. I called the doctor as well...
Pros Cons
  • Does not pick up the level of hcg suggested on box

I never write reviews for anything, but this test gave me such anxiety for 24 hours! I initally took FRER at 10DPO with FMU and it came up as a very faint positive. I called the doctor as well that morning requesting a blood test b/c last month I had a chemical. I took another FRER that afternoon and the line was gradually getting darker. On 11DPO I took a EPT Digital and that showed positive and a FRER and again the line was getting darker. HOWEVER, my OBGYN called with my blood test results and told me that my hcg levels were only at a 14 miu and they would have to double (28 miu) in order for the pregnancy to be considered viable. At 12 DPO, I went and got my next blood test.

Because I am a POAS addict, I bought more FRER but then decided I would get some dollar tree tests b/c my wallet was starting to feel the strain! The New Choice Pregnancy test says on the box that these pick up 25 miu! I took 2 tests at 12DPO and NOTHING! Not even a faint line.

I again took another one at 13DPO holding my urine for 3.5 hours and again NEGATIVE. I then rec'd a call phone my doctor regarding the 12 DPO blood work and they confirmed that my levels doubled and were now at a 41 miu. The phone call was literally 2 hours after I took the New Choice.

I would never recommend this product to anyone in early pregnancy especially if the product cannot pick up the hcg level that it claims.

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
fayebond 07-20-2013, 12:47 PM

I'm so sorry this didn't work for you. I took one of these 6 weeks past ovulation and it worked just fine. Granted, by then most anyone would either know she is pregnant or wonder what bizzare illness had befallen her.. And I had way plenty hormones to trigger it.

Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: