Viewing Review: Don't bother buying - Mothering Forums
Don't bother buying Edit
by briannas auntie Combined Rating: 3.0

I purchased these Vitafusion prenatal vitamins from my local pharmacy.  I was looking for a prenatal vitamin that was in a gummy form, so it would be easily absorbed.  I honestly wished I had...
Pros Cons
  • gummy vitamin is easily absorbed, tasty
  • lacking nutrients

I purchased these Vitafusion prenatal vitamins from my local pharmacy.  I was looking for a prenatal vitamin that was in a gummy form, so it would be easily absorbed.  I honestly wished I had done more research on this brand before I bought them.

After I bought the vitamins and took them for a week, I looked on the bottle to see exactly how much folic acid was in them (I need more folic acid than normal, because of the seizure medicine I'm on).  That's when I discovered that there was NO iron in these vitamins at all.  Not only that, quite a few nutrients and minerals such as iodine and other beneficial nutrients were missing.  In fact, I compared the nutrient content of these prenatal vitamins to a bottle of regular womens vitamins (One a Day brand),and they were identical!  I could have saved some money and just bought regular vitamins.  Because of the vitamins having no iron in them, I had to take a seperate liquid iron in order to make sure I had some iron in me.  After all, they tell you to take prenatal vitamins at least 3 months before you try and conceive to build up the necessary nutrients in your system. 

On the plus side, these gummy vitamins were pretty tasty and gentle on my stomach.

I would strongly recommend that NO pregnant woman use these vitamins, unless they want to take several other supplement pills in addition to this.  I recommend Rainbow Light Prenatal Vitamins. 

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: