Viewing Review: Wonderful Journey Through the Seasons as a Family - Mothering Forums

Wonderful Journey Through the Seasons as a Family Edit
by mama_y_sol Combined Rating: 5.0

I adore this book.  It's a beautiful read from start to finish.  The Soule's take you on a year long journey with them, as the seasons change and they connect with nature and each other.  I live...
Pros Cons
  • Well written, reflective, great activities to reconnect with nature

I adore this book.  It's a beautiful read from start to finish.  The Soule's take you on a year long journey with them, as the seasons change and they connect with nature and each other.  I live in the tropics where the season's don't change very much, and this book made me long for the time I spent living on the East Coast.  The photographs of the familiy are natural and honest. The journal entries by Mama and Papa are beautifully reflective and inspiring.  I love when Amanda Soule writes about her daughter: "Her work is to play.  It is the most important work my little ones can be doing."  This book will encourage you to play alongside your children too. 

I loved all their ideas for Making and Doing.  There is a wide range of things, from recipes, to sewing, to activities, to knitting, to baking, to meditating.  All of their activities revolve around reconnecting with your family and nature.  The Soule's are inspiring and this is a captivating book I couldn't put down once I started.  It will have a permanent place on my bookshelf to serve as an inspiration for a simpler, more connected life.  

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: