Viewing Review: Like, but don't love - Mothering Forums
Like, but don't love Edit
by vachi73 Combined Rating: 1.7

I wanted to love this, but I just don't. I think it's an issue of sizing for me -- the small full bust is too large in the band/belly and too small in the cups for me BEFORE milk comes in (I am...
Pros Cons
  • Clasps; perhaps length
  • Price; too large in band/too small in cups

I wanted to love this, but I just don't. I think it's an issue of sizing for me -- the small full bust is too large in the band/belly and too small in the cups for me BEFORE milk comes in (I am 21 weeks right now, with #5).

If it helps, I am 5'8", 128 lbs pre-pregnancy, and would call myself a size 6. Smaller on the bottom, bigger on the top. I do get enornous breasts when I nurse, though, and find that it can be hard to fit a relatively small body/tummy with a large cup size when nursing. I ordered a small in this tank, which should fit 32-36 D-DDD, per their website.

FYI this shirt is VERY long. Some could almost wear as a mini dress, ha ha. For me, despite being pretty tall, I think it is too long, and will just add bulk around the hips that I really don't need. However, others might like the length (hence I lised it as a perhaps pro rather than a con).

Pros: Clasps are awesome - one-handed. Sling that remains does provide some breast support when the cup is open, but the openings are weird for my particular cup/nipple size and shape.

Cons: For me - FIT, length. Band is too large for me, even in small size on tightest row of hooks. In order to compensate for band being too large, I have to over-tighten the straps, and that brings the front of the bra very high-up, which makes it show under clothes (e.g., a v-neck). Cups are adequate now, but I'm not sure will be large enough with milk (that's a TBD, though). Circular openings in the sling do not really line up with what I would need, nor do they allow maximal skin-to-skin contact (which I prefer when nursing). Price -- not a deal-killer, but at $49 a pop, I would prefer to love it, not just tolerate it.

Bottom line: for me, I prefer the Bravado Essentials Tank in a 32 F/G, as it's shorter (a more desirable length for me), FAR more supportive and fits me/my body better. Personally, I think I look rather dowdy in this one, and cuter (if that can apply to someone with a 21 week belly!) in the Bravado. However, I do think they are both worth trying, as the fit and feel are very personal. Lots of websites offer both, and with free shipping/returns.

Good luck!

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: