Viewing Review: Boba Wearing Family Review - Mothering Forums

Boba Wearing Family Review Edit
by fruitfulmomma Combined Rating: 4.0

We received our Boba Carrier 3G about a month ago and my husband, our ten year old daughter, and myself have been taking turns using it to carry our 6 month old daughter in various places...
Pros Cons
  • Sturdy, Pretty Prints, Minimal Packaging, Good Overall Design
  • Shoulder Straps Slip Easily, Waist Strap Needs Padding, Hard to Get Used to Adjustments

We received our Boba Carrier 3G about a month ago and my husband, our ten year old daughter, and myself have been taking turns using it to carry our 6 month old daughter in various places including our home and the grocery store.

I got the Soho print which I really love and the carrier seems really sturdy and well made. The packaging it was sent in was very minimal and put together really well in a way that it could be easily given as a gift.

I am the mother of 6 children, ranging in age from 12 to 6 months and have used various types and brands of carriers over the years, finally settling with the Ergo about 6 years ago. One of the things I liked about the Boba is that it is the same style of carrier as the Ergo. I do not like sling, pouch, or wrap-type carriers for various reasons. Some of the differences I noticed immediately was the placement and adjustments in the straps and clips, as well as the fabric being stiffer.

I really like the sliding  back strap adjustments on the Boba which helps keep them in place on the shoulder straps. On the Ergo the back straps are looped around the shoulder straps and they ofter get twisted up, making it more difficult for getting it on quickly. On the other hand it seemed rather difficult to get it tight enough to keep the shoulder straps sliding off, especially with a front-carry.My 10yo daughter has been helping out in the babywearing department this week and had this to say: The waist strap needs more padding and the shoulder straps slide off too easily.

I appreciate the fact that the carrier was adjustable enough to allow her to carry the baby under our supervision. She is pretty tiny compared to me (still carrying a lot of extra baby weight) and it fits both of us pretty well. My husband who also has pretty broad shoulders was able to wear it easily as well.

Because I hurt my back and shoulder right before I received the carrier, I don't think I've had enough time to get a good feel for it vs. my Ergo yet, but overall I thought it was a great carrier and would make a fine choice for any baby wearing family. I would most likely recommend it to someone asking about it, though if someone were asking for recommendations between the Ergo and Boba, I might still go with the Ergo at this point. That might change as I wear it more and get to know it a little better.

We have not tried out the foot straps or the hood yet so I can't review those other than to say that I think the footstraps are a neat idea and the hood is bulky which makes it a little hard to fit it into the pocket.

I really appreciate the manufacturer allowing me to try out their carrier for review and think we will get a lot of use out of it in the coming months, especially as the weather warms up in the spring and we resume our hiking activities.

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: