Viewing Review: Very economical cover - Mothering Forums

Very economical cover Edit
by mum4vr Combined Rating: 4.3

I liked these covers despite minor frustrations. No bells, no whistles at a no-bell-no-whistles price. For the most part, they do their job fine if you use an absorbant enough diaper. For cheap/...
Pros Cons
  • low cost, fine performance, durable, lightweight, trim
  • minor fitting issues

I liked these covers despite minor frustrations. No bells, no whistles at a no-bell-no-whistles price. For the most part, they do their job fine if you use an absorbant enough diaper. For cheap/ thin diapers, this may mean doubling (esp overnight or for naps); it did in my experience. I could not afford more expensive covers at the time, so for me these made the difference between cloth diapering or not (many people were willing to "gift" disposables, but not cloth supplies). These fit trimmer than heavier (wool or cotton) covers; no bulk; practically no extra weight-- great for wigglers and crawlers!

I did find these to be sized rather large, and I was not diapering a small-for-age child (maybe this is intended by the manufacturer to ease doubling?). I also found the leg gusset area to make the fit a bit awkward-- not enough to cause leaks, but not quite as comfy for baby. We did experience diaper blow-out, but it could be corrected with different diaper folding; in my experience simply folding a prefold in thirds & laying it in this cover did cause blow-outs, but was fine for wet diapers. Using a clip, snappi, or pins entirely fixed the blow-outs with this cover.

For the price, they last long-- longer than expected. About half my stash lasted through one child & half lasted for two before they wore out.

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: