Viewing Review: Excellent Manual Pump - Mothering Forums
Excellent Manual Pump Edit
by LunaLady Combined Rating: 5.0

I had to exclusively pump for a few months before my baby started feeding from the breast. Once we were full time breastfeeding I switched to this manual pump for pumping a few ounces here and...
Pros Cons
  • Easy to use, effective, easy to clean
  • None

I had to exclusively pump for a few months before my baby started feeding from the breast. Once we were full time breastfeeding I switched to this manual pump for pumping a few ounces here and there to keep a freezer stash.

I used this about once a day for about ten minutes. I'd usually get about 1-2 ounces from one side. I would pump after my son would nurse.

I found it very strong suction at first compared to my electric pump, but once I got used to the feel it worked great. I actually felt like it worked better than my electric sometimes!

I like that you're able to control the amount of suction and then length of time between each pump, I think that makes for better milk output.

It's easy to clean; I just dis-assembled it after each use and rinsed everything out and put it in a drying rack.

I used the Lansinoh bags for milk storage, too, and those work great.

I'd recommend this pump and I'd use it again if I needed to! It's retired, for now.

ETA: I *did* take the soft silicone inside piece off of the flange when I pumped. I tossed that, that was useless and didn't help me pump at all.

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: