Viewing Review: Attractive, comfortable and worth every penny. - Mothering Forums

Attractive, comfortable and worth every penny. Edit
by Ana Townsend Combined Rating: 5.0

I was naive with my first child thinking I didn't need a carrier and was not going be buying into all the must have products.  Ha ha, that did not last too long especially after joining some...
Pros Cons
  • comfortable, multi-use, padded, washable, easy to use, able to nurse in dicreetly, easy to adjust and quick to put on
  • none

I was naive with my first child thinking I didn't need a carrier and was not going be buying into all the must have products.  Ha ha, that did not last too long especially after joining some mommy groups and seeing their cool "baby gadgets."  A friend of mine had a beautiful( purplish in color)  Boba carrier that she let a few of us try out.  She had been to a carrier store which taught her how to use it and after reading the reviews I think this is so important in order to get the most out of your carrier. Well, in any case I quickly  purchased one and  I've been using mine since my LO was three months and comfortably carried him through my second pregnancy till I was about eight months pregnant and just too tired to carry him for long periods of time.  For reference he was nine months when I became pregnant the second time and weighed 25 pounds.  Anyway, my carrier has been my go to product anytime I need both hands or need to soothe my LO.  I only breastfed my son once in it while stuck waiting for a for a ferry in NYC.  I had practiced before and felt comfortable adjusting positions and using  the cover for discretion and while it may not be the best breastfeeding position it can be done for those times your baby will not wait.  I could not list this as a con because it can be done and my baby seemed happy while nursing, I just prefer to take my baby out and nurse while holding my baby.  The cover served many purposes to shield from the wind, hold the babies head up, and those sudden rains, I now live in Oregon.  I have yet to use the foot straps, I keep forgetting to put them on.  However, I now mainly use the carrier for my infant.  This is where I believe my Boba had doubled its value.  All you do is flip the waistband towards your body and voila your baby is able to nestle against your chest, so essential when you have a toddler to run after.  I have had to review the handy "how to"  videos on the Boba websites to refresh my memory on how to adjust straps which again is so helpful to overall comfort. 

My only comparisons I can offer are a Bjorn carrier (a gift from baby shower), a Moby, and a sling.   The Moby and the sling are ok but take to long to put on and adjust and I could never wear the Bjorn for long periods as my back would instantly ache.  Well, I hope my comments are helpful, as Boba is the only product I ever take time to write a review on, it truly has been my MUST HAVE baby product.

Now I must think of a way to justify to my husband why we need another one in a girly pattern happytears.gif.    

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: