I have worn a bunch of carriers (Ergo, Onya, Tula, Moby, Sakura Bloom, etc.) and the 3G by Boba is my favorite, hands-down. **Note, I am an Ambassador for Boba, but was wearing one long before I was an Ambassador. And this is what I tell my family and friends! **
Here’s what I love:
1. The ease of use – it can be adjusted quickly between wearers.
2. I can wear it around my waist all day. When P isn’t in it, I simply clip the chest strap around my waist also and it is out of my way. This is how I often do errands to make it easy to pop him in and out. It can also easily hang in front of me and not get in my way.
3. The slim pockets! one in the waist strap (perfect size for my cell phone and a pacifier) and one in the top of the carrier (where the hood is stored.)
4. Detachable hood (that covers Baby’s whole head!) I usually keep it with me, but it just snaps on and off.
5. The sliders that move the chest (or back when Baby is in front) strap up and down. Super easy to do on my own and they remain in place.
6. A purse holder on the strap that keeps your purse (or bag) from falling off your shoulder (which is SUPER annoying for me!)
7. The carrier is slim and compacts easily (no padding and smaller than an Ergo, for all those that are wondering!)
8. The height of the carrier makes it much easier to carry toddlers than other carriers I have used (they can’t lean back quite as easily!)
9. The new colors and designs (mine is called “Kangaroo”) which include basic black and patterns.
What I wasn’t super crazy about:
1. When the carrier is adjusted to the newborn setting (up to 15 pounds,) the waist strap pocket is against your body and unusable.
2. I personally think straps that can cross behind your back are more comfortable for heavier weights. That being said, I also like that these straps are attached and don’t get in my way when I am not wearing them.
3. When I wear the carrier adjusted for a newborn, the snaps always come undone. However, this doesn’t effect the way P sits.