Viewing Review: sometimes its better when you don't get what you want - Mothering Forums

sometimes its better when you don't get what you want Edit
by fayebond Combined Rating: 4.0

Its hard to explain why a person would spend $90 on her first diaper changing pad, and then $2 on her second.  Without writing a book on the subject anyway .  I'll try to summarize the...
Pros Cons
  • organic, works wonderfully, feels luxurious, nice size
  • alot of money for something she is going to pee on and ruin eventually!

Its hard to explain why a person would spend $90 on her first diaper changing pad, and then $2 on her second.  Without writing a book on the subject anyway .  I'll try to summarize the highlights, both why I loved my first changing pad, and why I changed to the cheapest garage sale "find" I could find.

PRO

• Organic, unlike a lot of materials baby already spends time on

• soft even without a cover

• fits most off the shelf covers easily

• four contoured sides

• safety strap is easy to use

CON

• expensive, compared to $2 for used clean diaper changing pads. This is especially important when you consider what the extra $88 could buy your baby!

• Needs to be replaced after she pee'd over a crack in the PUL, there was no saving this one any more than the $2 replacement could be saved after a similar accident. Changing pad #3 for daughter #2 was also an inexpensive $1.50.

• if its covered with an organic cotton towel and then an organic cotton cover, exactly what is the difference? Aside from the $88, that is.

If its a luxury you really want, and will make it nicer to change diapers at midnight, by all means, enjoy. 

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: