Viewing Review: Great Replacement - Mothering Forums
Great Replacement Edit
by JennaRose Combined Rating: 4.3

I previously posted about my Avent double electric pump I had used for 6 months 3-4 times a day while at work.  I finally had enough of it and bought this to replace it.  The system is great,...
Pros Cons
  • Easy, Effective and Great for Travel
  • Small Learning Curve

I previously posted about my Avent double electric pump I had used for 6 months 3-4 times a day while at work.  I finally had enough of it and bought this to replace it.  The system is great, easy to assemble and I love the internal battery.  Not having to plug it in for every pumping session is extremely nice and the battery keeps charge for a longtime (I usually charge it every other week).  A feature to show how much battery you have left would be nice though.

The tote is awesome too, very practical, and the pump is not very big/heavy compared to my previous pump.  The tote has extra room as well, I use it daily to carry my pump, supplies, lunch and a few other items back and forth to work.

At first, I had a small learning curve to figure out which suction/speed worked best for me.  After a few sessions I had it down and its working great.  I have also noticed an increase in my supply from using this pump (I was worried my other pump was not being very effective).

Parts are very easy to clean, you only need to wash the flange, duckbill valve and storage bottles.  The pump comes with two bottles but also fits the avent bottles/storage system (which was great because that's what I already had).  It comes with adapters too that appear to fit Medela bottles but I have not tried them.

Overall, I am extremely pleased with this purchase.  I have only been using it for about a month, but hope to continue using it for months and for future babies!  I would recommend it to friends (and have already done so).  Paying a little extra is worth it!  And the fact you can share/buy them second hand is awesome! 

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
JennaRose 05-08-2013, 07:55 AM

I forgot to mention, it does make noise when pumping but it does not bother me. It varies depending on speed/suction. I did ask a co-worker who sits about 10 feet from my office door if he could hear it and he can not.
I have also not used the record feature on the pump. You can record your baby's cry to help with let down. I thought it would be fun once my little one is talking to record her!

Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: