Viewing Review: So pleased!! - Mothering Forums
So pleased!! Edit
by Chapsie Combined Rating: 5.0

After using pocket diapers with my older two children, I was ready for a change.  I wanted something that was easier to wash and something inexpensive to replace my former stash with.  I decided...
Pros Cons
  • Inexpensive, easy to wash, no diaper blow-outs!, adjustable
  • very thick prefold can be bulky

After using pocket diapers with my older two children, I was ready for a change.  I wanted something that was easier to wash and something inexpensive to replace my former stash with.  I decided to give the Econobum covers and prefolds a try because they were so inexpensive.  I bought two "kits" (6 covers and 24 prefolds and two wet bags).  I was very pleasantly surprised!  I have been using them on my newborn for the past 5 weeks and have had ZERO leaks... even with EBM poops!  They wash up great and the fit is very adjustable.  I also have some FLIP diaper covers (which are also nice but twice the price) and I actually prefer the Econobum covers!  I feel like they are more adjustable and fit better around my baby's thighs; they are snugger there which prevents leaks. 

From looks alone, they seem a bit thin and only come in white.  Not a fancy diaper in any means, but they gets the job done!

I found that they tend to stain a little bit, so I dry them in the sun.

The prefolds that they come with are designed to fold and lay in the diaper, but I have been using a Snappi to get a more custom fit around my baby.  Since this isn't the intended purpose of the prefold, the prefold is a bit thicker than other brands and makes it tough to do a jellyroll fold, but a newspaper fold seems to work well for us.  The fit is pretty bulky on my newborn, but it seems like it will fit well on an older baby/toddler.  

I wish I had started cloth diapering with Econobum!  This is definitely the way to go to start out in cloth on a budget!  

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: