Viewing Review: Feels great, but has some drawbacks - Mothering Forums

Feels great, but has some drawbacks Edit
by Chapsie Combined Rating: 4.0

I bought this on the recommendation of a blogger who said it was a "must have" for postpartum healing.  I ordered on Amazon, but then found it stocked in my regular grocery store in the baby...
Pros Cons
  • soothing
  • greasy

I bought this on the recommendation of a blogger who said it was a "must have" for postpartum healing.  I ordered on Amazon, but then found it stocked in my regular grocery store in the baby aisle.  The 2 oz container wound up being plenty for my postpartum use; I slathered in on pretty generously and still had some left over by the time I felt "healed."  

On first use, it is very soothing.  It gives a cooling sensation on your skin.  This feeling is short-lived, however.  I enjoyed using it, though, as it did provide some comfort on my tender skin.

The biggest con was that it was very greasy and wound up staining my clothing.  I was horrified to find big grease stains on the butt of my favorite yoga pants, haha.  So... just beware that it can stain and be sure to check your pants before throwing them in the wash so that you can treat them first.  

Ingredients include:  organic olive oil, organic shea butter, candelilla wax, organic calendula extract, organic yarrow extract, organic witch hazel, organic st. john's wort, organic jojoba oil, organic lavender essential oil, organic peppermint essential oil. 

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: