Viewing Review: wonderful manual pump! - Mothering Forums

wonderful manual pump! Edit
by briannas auntie Combined Rating: 5.0

I produce breastmilk due to being on the drug Domperidone for gastroparesis, even though I have never been pregnant.  Because of the amount of breastmilk I produce while on this medicine, I kept...
Pros Cons
  • compact, quiet, one-handed use
  • none

I produce breastmilk due to being on the drug Domperidone for gastroparesis, even though I have never been pregnant.  Because of the amount of breastmilk I produce while on this medicine, I kept getting breast infections, so my gyno suggested that I pump a little bit of milk out of me each day to reduce the risk of recurring infections.  I used to have an electric pump, but found it combersome and hard to travel with, so I bought the Ameda One-Hand manual breastpump with flexishield.  It came with a carrying bag and a free set of breast shells. 

After using the one-hand pump for a week, I LOVE IT!  I like that the Ameda pump is easy to use, compact, quiet, and very easy to clean and assemble again.  I also like the Flexishield insert for the breastpump.  It is very comfortable and conforms to your breast shape, so pumping is more comfortable. 

The carrying bag that came with the pump is teal color and has plenty of room for other breastpumping items like nursing pads, cream, and a small bottle of water.  It zips closed and has a strong carry handle.

Overall, I have found that the Ameda One-Hand manual breastpump is the best manual pump on the market and I recommend it to any mom who needs to pump on occassion.

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: