Viewing Review: We LOVE these for use with an active preschooler -- They even work in water! - Mothering Forums

We LOVE these for use with an active preschooler -- They even work in water! Edit
by MinneapolisMama Combined Rating: 5.0

We purchased these bands at our local Target store.  They were super-accessible and inexpensive (I can't remember exactly what we paid-- Sorry!).  We were impressed by the ingredients and very...
Pros Cons
  • We love that they are not a spray. Comfortable. Can be used again and again. Works in water!
  • I really can't think of a con. Truly.

We purchased these bands at our local Target store.  They were super-accessible and inexpensive (I can't remember exactly what we paid-- Sorry!).  We were impressed by the ingredients and very happy not to have to use a spray/lotion on our kiddo (or ourselves!).  We utilized these bands in our yard, camping and at the swimming beach all last summer.  They are large enough that we could put it around our preschoolers ankle, which meant he barely noticed it.  They really keep the bugs off, don't smell bad, and are waterproof (this is a big deal at Minnesota lakes!).  When camping, we left them on for several days at a time-- No need to keep reapplying a spray and none of us had any reactions to them.  They have a recommended number of hours before you replace (I can't remember what it is, but it was sizable).  You can put them back in the provided cases between uses and use the hours cumulatively over many days/weeks/months -- We used the same ones for most of the summer last year.  We are expecting a new baby any day now and I plan to attach a band to her carrier or stroller when we are out and about-- No spray on baby is a big win in my book!  

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: