Viewing Review: Super cute, promotes independence - Mothering Forums

Super cute, promotes independence Edit
by Chapsie Combined Rating: 5.0

I ordered this belt for my son who is starting kindergarten in the fall.  I wanted a belt to dress up church clothes on Sundays and for school and, since my son independently dresses everyday, I...
Pros Cons
  • High quality materials, easy for child to use on own
  • sized item and may be outgrown quickly

I ordered this belt for my son who is starting kindergarten in the fall.  I wanted a belt to dress up church clothes on Sundays and for school and, since my son independently dresses everyday, I wanted something that would be easy for him to put on and off by himself.  This belt is perfect.  He loves it because "he looks just like Daddy" and is just so proud to finish off his outfits with this super cute accessory.  

The belt is well made with high quality materials and looks like it will last long enough for my two younger children to also use it when they get bigger.  

There is a metal snap attached to a canvas part of the belt that loops around a belt loop to hold it in place, then you thread the belt through the belt loops around the back and then the child can fasten it in place with the velcro strips.  

The only possible con that I can see is that since it is fastened with velcro and the velcro is 1.75" long, that the belt isn't adjustable to grow with your child long term (they will outgrow it).  But, like I said above, the belt is made well and will last through multiple children.  The belt is cleverly designed with a bit that extends past the velcro tab on the top so that the velcro is never visible on the outside when the child is wearing it.    

The sizing guide on the myself belt website is very accurate-- I used the guide to order and the belt fits my son perfectly.  

My three year old daughter is begging me to order one for her, too!  I can see how this belt would be very useful for children who are potty learning as well as children with long legs and tiny little waists that just need a little extra cinching at the waist!  As for us, we just got it because it was cute.    

Note:  I did receive this item free for review, but my thoughts and opinions are entirely my own-- I genuinely think this is a great product!  

Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: