Viewing Review: Budget friendly. Great crib. - Mothering Forums
Budget friendly. Great crib. Edit
by oceansolitude Combined Rating: 4.0
My husband and I have the least co-sleeping friendly bed; memory foam pillow top, we both like lots of pillows and blankets, etc. so a crib was a necessity for us. Our daughter is about a month...
Pros Cons
  • Price, sturdy, simple, easy to assemble
  • Bolts are visible once assembled
My husband and I have the least co-sleeping friendly bed; memory foam pillow top, we both like lots of pillows and blankets, etc. so a crib was a necessity for us. Our daughter is about a month old and spends part of her night in a bassinet next to the bed and part in this crib.

This crib is awesome! We didn't have a large budget to buy a crib at one of the baby big box stores, and we liked the simple lines of this Ikea crib. We aren't fancy people, so even if we had more money we probably would have still chosen this crib.

We also like that Ikea uses the European standards for off-gassing and formaldehyde which are lower than the U.S. standards.

We have only used the crib for a month, but it seems very sturdy. I used to be a nanny and the one year old had a different Ikea crib that was holding up very well, so I think this crib will as well.

The crib is lower to the ground so its easy to lay our daughter down. The mattress can be placed at two different heights for safety and convenience. We also like that when she gets old enough to climb out and use the toddler bed she is less likely to get hurt if she were to fall.

This crib can be converted to a toddler bed by removing one of the long sides and using the included conversion kit/rail.

Building the crib was fairly simple. Ikea recommends 2 people for assembly, but I did it myself without any problems in less than an hour. If you are not familiar with Ikea's pictorial directions it might make assembly more difficult. The bolts do show as there are no caps to plug the holes, but that does not bother me.

I would recommend this crib to anyone who wants a simple, no frills, budget friendly crib.
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
This does not have any entries.
Ratings
Overall:
Value:
Performance:
Durability:
Comfort: